Saturday, August 21, 2010

night in Hollywood #1

So last night I went on an adventure!

A few weeks ago I got an evite from Chipper Lowell to see him perform at the magic castle in Hollywood. I've only been once before to see Ed Alonzo, I'd have been more times but it's a pretty exclusive place. Members or knowing members only really, so going again was a great opportunity I could not pass up.

I asked Chip if I could bring a guest, and he said yes. So I was on the list to get in plus one guest.

I brought my close friend Ryan Meirose, who I've known since high school and he and I are both official members of the Bay Area Kr3w.

We had a lot of fun.

Interesting story, he and I were standing in line for the Parlor, (one of the theaters) and I see Pat Martin, a magician who I had met in Monterey, back stage for a show I was doing with Greg Wilson. Pat lives in San Fransisco, so I was wondering what he was doing all the way down in Hollywood.

GO FIGURE

I enter the theater sit down, and who's performing? None other than Pat Martin! and it was a great show.

I then went to the Close up Gallery and caught Steve Silverman perform close up magic.

And the after wards hung just missed the 10:00 Show of Chipper Lowell and Chris Hart, but that's okay, we then went down stairs to where Erma the invisible Pianist played and requested don't stop Beliving... and had a bite.

After that we then caught Chip and mr. Hart perform... and boy was it an amazing show. There was this drunk girl from Boston, who was being way too loud and ridiculous. But Chip and Chris handled her very well, and Got a TON of laughs with that!

I would normally have a ton of photos in this situation, BUT the Magic castle does not allow photos inside... SO for now I just have a photo of Ryan and I as we just entered.

Afterwards, Ryan and I walked around Hollywood, I caught Bruce Lee's star and def had to take a picture.


After walking up and down Hollywood BLVD we snuck in the Hotel were Marilyn Manroe's ghost is... It was fancy, there was even a club under it.

I then got a photo with a random person crossing the street... and that was it for my adventure. Ryan and I went out separate ways for the night and I then spent my first night on campus.






2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had an awesome first night in Hollywood. Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture might just be the ghost of MM in it!

    ReplyDelete