Friday, August 27, 2010

First week of... Vacation??

Haha naw, but the first week of school is always really laid back, and filled with new faces and adventure.

First off FUNNY!

And yes, notice the vitamin water bottle on top of the blue emergency pole... I put that there.

Alright back on track here, first week of school.

It's rare that I am excited for every single class Im taking...But I am. It seems TV production will be my most challenging class, followed by Political Science, then Communications, and then Art history... TV production being the most challenging, not because the others are so easy, but because TV production is such an intensive course at Northridge. Four Chapters of book reading in the first week. BUT It's reading I like and care about so THERE!

This is the TV production studio... AH mazing... the set wasn't there on Monday, it just happened to show up on Wensday....

BUT THE STUDIO Oh man I could go on about it...

but heres just the specs for allz you interested.

TV studio...
It has it's own Sound control room, full digital every thing, window on the left.
It has a seperate Video mixing room on the right.
It also has seperate from that room specific for CG and patching, in the door next door.
On the other side of the studio (180 from the camera's perspective) There is a scene shop... A SCENE SHOP in a TV STUDIO

Any who these are all rooms just attached to this studio, also with in the manzanita hall there is a film studio, a news room, a green screen/blue screen studio, 7 video editing bays, a surround sound edit bay and a fully loaded film studio.

Did I mention with in the past few years CSUN has had a higher acceptance rate in to filmand TV than USC?

Well I did now.


On to other stuff...

FIRST
Tuesday....

There was a pool party serving root beer floats at the on campus living pool...Well I had to go... there were root beer floats.

They showed hot tub time machine on their portable inflatable screen....

But I decided to swim instead... Female to male ratio was looking great.

It was 110 earlier that day so the pool felt great. After swimming, I returned to the room and chilled for a bit, then around 10:30 I get a call from professional DJ and TV commercial producer Bryan Fagundes, wondering if I wanted to hang out.
I also met his friend Stevo, but I didn't get a picture with him


So I met them at Burbank right next to NBC studios, and they wanted to drive up to Griffith park observatory, unfortunately the road was closed.... apparently they now close at ten, boo... But that's cool. Bryan wanted any ideas, so I sugjested crashing the Roosevelt hotel and looking for Marilyn Manroe's ghost (Like I did less than a week before with Ryan) So we went.

We took some cool photos, Bryan took most of them with his 15 mega pixel cannon.
Here's the lobby (on my camera!)

And CHECK IT OUT, I got an ORB!


So we then got antsy and wanted to find more, so we go to the front dest asking if we could explore room 918... THey were very helpful, They even asked "Would you like to see Marilyn's suite as well?"

YES of course.

Heres a shot from the mirror in the elevator... that is me in the reflection, NO idea why this looks so freaky

So we got to explore the hallways near room 918...(not a ghost...that's Bryan)

AND THEN the inside of Marilyn Manroe's suite...

No official ghost sightings, but we got to explore some hard to get to areas in a really fancy hotel,
View from the 9th floor
This pool.

On to Wensday,

Some secret that Ive kept until now is last Sunday I got a call from Greg Wilson if I could do a show with him... SO SURE!

Bakersfield on Saturday, Oakland on Sunday...Returning home Sunday night... and yes loading up the truck tomorrow morning.

So what's really cool is....

I got to meet Greg's Father and Mother, Mark and Lina Wilson... Mark Wilson one of the most famous influential Magicians of all time. If you had a TV in the 60s and 70s, you were probrably watching one of Mark Wilson's many Television shows.

Also on Wenesday I rehearsed for the show, I am involved in five tricks... but Ive studied so Im good now. ^^


AND ON to thursday...


Thursday was when I got a partial tour in the Manzanita hall on campus to describe the studios with in earlier ^^.

I actually met two TV hopefuls two of the PAs for my class Alex and Andrew.
Andrew just got done PAing the auditions for the G4 show American Ninja Warrior... So instantly relatable for me because I love that show.

Then after class and all, got ready to go to the Ice house to see Ed Alonzo perform along with 7 other comedians. The Ice house is in Pasadena, a good ways from where I am, but it was worth the trip, I had fun!

I went with a girl named Katelyn, who also lives in CSUN student housing I think she had fun too.

BACK TO NOW though... I have a long weekend ahead of me...and I must rest up for my big weekend, which you will hear all about when I return.

2 comments:

  1. Ur life's always full and fun~~Great!!! O(∩_∩)O~~ Keep an eye on whatever happens there~ I'm gonna be joining you one day, maybe! ^_^

    ReplyDelete