Monday, August 23, 2010

campus life DOS

So I'm starting school tomorrow... doesn't feel like it at all, but I am.

This weekend I explored the campus a bit more, and socialized a bit around campus ^^

Firstly, Saturday night was pretty cool. The dorm and apartment area has all these hang out nights, and this was the first one. They had a local DJ playing, and a big screen set up. All the clubs had tables lined up and people were handing out pan-flits. Hot dog on a stick was there giving out hot dogs... on sticks.... and there was a ton of people.

Here are pictures to prove it.

yes there was an Elvis impersonator

Lots of people one
Lots of people two


And there's the big screen, the school played the hang over for all us residents.

Any who fun times, all my room mates are here, Matt, Jordan, and Landon.

Matt and Jordan are both Freshies, but they are total opposites.

Landon and I are both transferring in, he from a school in the central Valley. Landon is 22, and I am 21 for exactly one more month today.

Back to exploring!

Today (Sunday) Landon and I explored more.



There was another party going on at the pool of our living area, I'm hoping every weekend is this exciting at CSUN.

Then I had to print something for my class on tuesday, so I decided to go to the Library to do so.

The Library is HUGE, this is from an indescribable distance away.

The Library is so big it has eight escalators up and down four floors.

Here's the view from the third floor.
And here's the fourth.
Cool framing of the banner I thought
The Library has a DVD section
And of course, a lot of books... PS that's Landon, one of my room mates.
Also there is a fifth floor... a basement.

There were a lot of other really cool things I saw around campus today (sunday)

As promised a picture of the track... this is the view from where the apartments are, there was a fence I was taking a picture through and the track was on the other side of a locked gate.

The track had the works, including a pole vault pit.

Here is the student fitness center... paid membership required, and they just have a lot of weights and treadmills. Allz Ive got to say is Pull up, push up, run, eat relatively healthy and you've got your self a free gym.

.
Here is the games room,], which is down stairs under the fitness center. Inside is ping pong, foosball, games, the works... but it was closed upon our arrival.
This construction site is the future site of the student recreation center... NO JOKE, in door track, and rock wall to be included... BUT.. it might not open until 2012, when I could already be gone.

Here is the pool by the gym... Ironically there was a life guard on duty, but no one swimming here, yet a pool party going on at the pool in the living area.

Here was a really surprising find, and to me, the second coolest thing on campus. Right next to the library, there is an actual planetarium. AND, they do shows bi monthly.

Here is the coolest thing on campus... A full sized ropes course, and I BELIVE, Zip line included.

So I returned to my room after exploring, went to a meeting about the rules and stuff in the living area... which didn't explain any thing to me because I had already read and signed the waiver... but it's cool I scored a free shirt.

Then I got dressed up all nice, and went to the Magic Castle, and met Chris Mitchell. Who was gracious enough to bring me in to the castle with him. Chris being a professional magician, and a magic castle member, and not to mention a good friend. So I saw Chipper Lowell, Chris Hart and Patrick Martin perform again, along with meeting a lot of new cool people at the castle.

No this photo wasn't taken at the magic castle, it was afterward, Chris Mitchell had some professional musician friends of his jamming at a local bar in Studio City. We caught the tail end of their performance and Chris introduced me to them.

After the night was over, I just returned to my apartment and wrote this blog. Now I'm off to bed, I have school tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Really appreciate the updates, we are all enjoying them very much!

    ReplyDelete