Saturday, September 18, 2010

Goin with the flow

UPDATE on my life.

First off let me start off by saying LA is definitely very different than the Bay Area in a lot of ways. I say that not just to emphasize how I've had to adjust, but also for any one in the LA area who catches this please spread the word, people from Southern California, please at least travel North of the grape fine. I've come across a lot of people in these past few weeks who have never been to Northern California... that is very strange to me.

ANY WHO, Back to whats going on with what's going on with me.

I am knee deep in the pre production push for the 50th anniversary show for the Magic Land of Allakazam. A television show which aired on CBS and ABC from 1960-1962, and through out the run of the show, they aired 99 episodes, so officially, this will be the 100th episode!

The episode will be happening at none other than the legendary magic castle in Hollywood from September 27th-October 3rd!

AND this is the first place I am announcing this, BUT I am assisting in the magic of the show!
I am really excited, and have a challenging week of rehearsals ahead, but am ready to tackle it.

Another thing that has been going on is my Uncle Cary Wiest is running for town council in his home town, the famous town of Atherton. I shot a video for his candidacy last weekend when I was home in the Bay, and I spent a few nights perfecting the vid in Final Cut Pro.
I am also helping the build their website, and maybe a face book page ^^

Aside from my business I did have a day off to rest for the night. Thursday I didn't have any thing going on, and if you know me, you know my restlessness! I felt the need to get out there!

Right after my TV production class I actually came across an audition for a student film...So I walked in and auditioned. :P

Then right after wards, I contacted an Agency that had contacted me previously through my Model Mayhem account. They are called Wild Models and they are a modeling agency that get talent auditions to various things. So me being "talent" and me having a modeling portfolio, thanks to Desi Arnaz, ep of Zedneram productions, and a head shot, thanks to my Father, Michael Wiest I felt I had the "Stuff" to make it with an Agency. Well after calling them, they gave me an audition for that night from 7:30-8:00pm at their offices in Century city!
Century city is BIG, and Businessy so it was definately intimidaiting, walking around in dress up shoes, nice pants, a button up shirt, and geled hair and still being underdressed. BUT intimidation aside, I walk in and the guy at the front desk has me wait for about 20 minutes before I am met to "audition" But really all I had to do was hand them my folder of modeling shots, and it was litterally "We like your look... Let's get you set up with LA casting, and you should be good to go" So WOOO! I got my self an agency.

Then that night I returned to my apartment, and then tackled the website and officially completed the video for my Uncle, and then created the jist of their website. And got to be around 5AM.

Today was spent mostly doing more PA and Magic Assistant work with the Wilson Family, and with Mark the web designer, and Bob the ware house manager.

More Fun blogs to come!

AND I have a video in the works ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment